Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions set out documentation of terms and conditions for who may use our website (https://societygolf.co). This includes from both mobile and desktop applications which are associated with us. The usage of our website includes; browsing, accessing and registering for the use of our site through personal data provided by you.
Before using our site please take your time and read through this document.
By accessing and using our site you indicate that you hereby accept all terms and conditions set out in this document and agree to comply to them.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
- Our Acceptable Use Policy sets out permitted and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply and follow this Acceptable Use Policy.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- https://societygolf.co is a site owned and operated by a sole trader self-employed in the United Kingdom.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- At any time we may choose to revise these terms and conditions. Please take time to read these time to time, as they are legally binding on you as primary users of this website.
SERVICES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
- We currently offer four levels of accounts on our site: a 'Red' account / package; a 'Green' account / package; a 'Blue' package account/package and a 'Platinum' account/package. Details of all services provided by us for each level are provided on our site together with the fees for each account / package.
- We reserve the right to alter any features listed and subscription fees for each type of account / package at our discretion. However this will not affect existing paid subscriptions; Green, Blue and Platinum until a users account is renewed and members can enjoy the services provided for their full year membership until renewal.
- https://societygolf.co does not take any credit card payments, nor do we hold any information on credit card transactions. All payments are made through an online service developed and owned by Stripe.
- Your subscription is invalid and unconfirmed until you confirm your subscription to us. This is a contract between us and you and can be 'activated' by confirming your subscription with us.
- Renewals not the same as your previous contract account/package require full payment for the new subscription service. Upon confirming your new subscription you have another full year of services with your selected account / package.
- Societygolf.co may offer you certain tools within our site to help assist with backing up any data inputted. However we do not promise this service so it is your responsibility to back up your own data.
- You are responsible for preserving and ensuring the integrity of your data and, whether you choose to back up any data using our a online tool we provide or otherwise, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage to or corruption however caused.
- You acknowledge and agree that at any time you may elect to receive from us a written log of the data you have submitted online and accordingly you are able to reduce any potential loss or damage to you of any data that may be lost or damaged on the site.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY SERVICES
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel your contract for services under the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000. This is a set period set out in 7.2. This means that during the relevant time period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you want to cancel you can do so by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a refund. Advice on your legal rights to cancel can be found by visiting your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- You have a legal right to cancel your subscription contract during the period of 7 (seven) calendar days beginning on the day and time you purchase one of our services. From this point forward our contract between us is formed and we start providing services to you. Calendar days means Saturdays and Sundays are included in this period.
- To cancel, please contact us in writing by sending an email to email@example.com. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. Your cancellation notice is effective the day the email is received.
- If you choose to cancel within the given period, you will receive a full refund of the subscription charges. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 28 calendar days of the day in which you gave notice of your cancellation as described in 6.3.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to keep our site updated, however, we do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free of errors or omissions.
- At the sole discretion of societygolf.co, we may provide on our site advertisements, directory of golf clubs, score tracking and handicap tracking services, online golf community forums, message boards, user comments and blogs, newsletters, reviews, news, editorial features, special promotions, applications, social media platforms and others channels owned, hosted, used or controlled by societygolf.co.
ACCESS TO OUR SITE
- We will use reasonable endeavours to make our services available without interruption except for downtime and for reasons outside our reasonable control. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or remove any aspect of our site and services at any time, including the availability of services, features and content. We may also impose limits on the site and services or restrict your access to all or parts of the site for technical or security reasons without notice or liability.
- Your use of our site may also be restricted to suspended in the event that there has been a breach of these Terms & Conditions. Where we are satisfied there has been such a breach, we have the right to permanently withdraw your access to the site.
- Your are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and other applicable documents, ensuring that they comply with them fully.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us if, at any time, in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of this Terms & Conditions.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identity, your user identification code or password, please act promptly in notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights. This includes all databases rights in our site including societygolf.co, the logo, site design, headers, graphics and buttons unless otherwise stated.
- We are also the owner or the licensee of all material and content published on the site, including all content which is provided by our members and users (SEE CLAUSE 11.4 12.5 IF APPLICABLE, REMOVE THIS BEFORE PUBLISHING) and these are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All rights are reserved.
- Other than one copy for your personal use is permitted under clause 10.4 below. You must not copy, extract or re-utilise any part of the content of our site without obtaining a written agreement or licence to do so from either ourselves or our licensors.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts of any page(s) from our site for your personal use only. No further copies or other reproduction shall be made without prior consent by societygolf.co. Once new information is added to our database, this then supersedes any previous information download and you are permitted to take a copy of the new information once available.
- You must not modify the paper or digital of any materials you have printed off or download in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status along with identified contributors as authors of content throughout our site or externally using social media platforms must always be acknowledged.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these Terms & Conditions your right to use the site will cease immediately and you must, at our discretion return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- You may not access, monitor, copy, extract or reutilise any content or information displayed on our site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our prior written permission.
- You may not attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of our site or software in our site in any form or media or by any means or attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or other reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the site or software in our site.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
- Whenever you make use of a feature of our site that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site such as images, noticeboard posts, members profiles and any other interactive element of our site, you must comply with these Terms & Conditions and the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that all and any content that you post or upload onto our site, including without limitation, images, noticeboard posts and member profiles comply with those standards and you will be liable to us and will indemnify us for any loss, damages, cost, expense or claim that we suffer or incur as a result of any breach of that warranty.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
- All data such as golf scores that you upload to our site, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By uploading data onto our site you are deemed to grant to us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display that data in connection with the services provided by our site and across different media. Our licence is perpetual and will endure even after you delete your data from the site.
- By creating an account and uploading images, creating new events, posting posts on your noticeboard you assign to us the entire copyright and all other rights in the nature of copyright.
- We have the right to remove any content you post on your account without notice or warning. This includes, but is not limited to, where if, in our opinion acting responsibly the content you have posted infringes societygolf.co's third party party’s intellectual property rights or is otherwise in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Views expressed within your given society or group on our site do not represent the views of or values of societygolf.co.
- You must not upload any photograph on our site in which you do not own the copyright or for which you do not have a licence to use from the copyright owner. By uploading an image on our site, you warrant that you are the copyright owner or that you have a licence to use the photograph from the copyright owner. See our Acceptable Use Policy on further information of how societygolf.co may take action in a case of copyright infringement.
THIRD PARTY INFRINGEMENT
- It is a breach of our Acceptable Use Policy to infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. Please see the Acceptable Use Policy for actions that societygolf.co may take in the event that societygolf.co forms the reasonable opinion that an infringement has taken place.
- Any person who considers that members’ content on our site is infringing their copyright should contact us at email@example.com.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- This section of our Terms & Conditions sets out the liability of societygolf.co to all users of its services (including any liability involvement of sub contractors and third party content) to all users of its services (a) arising under or in connection with the provision of the services, including any inability to use the site; (b) in respect of any use made of or reliance on the services; and (c) in respect of any representation, statement or tortuous act or omission (including negligence) arising under or connection with the services.
- To he fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all conditions, warranties, representations and all other terms whatsoever implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, excluded.
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that content on our site is genuine and as recent as possible, but we make no representations, warranties, guarantees or any other type of promise, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Subject to clause 13.2, we shall not be liable in respect of any services we provide to you that are made available to you without charge.
- With respect to any services we provide to you for which you pay subscription fees, subject to clause 13.2, societygolf’s total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the services shall be limited to the total subscription fees paid by the user during the 12 months immediately preceding the date on which the claim arose.
- We will not be liable to any user of the Services whether in contract, tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation restitution or otherwise for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or loss or corruption of data or information, or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising in connection with the provision of the Services.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, expense or claim suffered or incurred by any user as a result of circumstances or events beyond our reasonable control which we could have reasonably forseen or forestalled.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- You are solely responsible for the content that you post and the consequences of posting or publishing it. societygolf.co may at its discretion choose to moderate any of its content posted on the site by users, but societygolf.co has no obligation to do so. See the Acceptable Use Policy for further information.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
- You acknowledge that the services may enable or assist you to access the website content of, correspond with, and purchase products and services from, third parties via third-party websites and that you does so solely at your own risk. We make no representation or commitment and shall have no liability or obligation whatsoever in relation to the content or use of, or correspondence with, any such third-party website, or any transactions completed, and any contract entered into you, with any such third party, nor do we endorse, recommend or approve any such third party. Any contract entered into and any transaction completed via any third-party website is between you and the relevant third party and not with societygolf.co.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you have any complaint about our site please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org where all complaints must set out the detail of the complaint so that we investigate properly.
- If you have a complaint about content that infringes your copyright or other intellectual property or is defamatory, you need to specify exactly what material is infringing or defamatory and specify where on our site the offending material is. From the date upon which the Defamation (Operators of Websites) Regulations 2013 enters into force, if we receive a notice about defamatory content from a complainant that complies with the Regulations, we may follow the procedures set out in those Regulations or alternatively we may decide to immediately remove the content, in our absolute discretion.
APPLICABLE BY LAW AND JURISDICTION
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
- You may close your account at any time for any reason by contacting us at email@example.com. If you have a subscription account, we will not be liable to refund any subscription payments paid. All data you have stored on societygolf.co will be lost without hesitation or question.
- If you have an inquiry, please contact us using our contact form online or by the email firstname.lastname@example.org.